Saturday, May 12, 2018

Blog #2

It's amazing to think about all the technology resources we have available at our fingertips. On the other hand it's also scary and intimidating. In my classroom, I strive to use technology in order to help my students learn. Students need direction and guidance.

In the Elementary classroom, I have seen where technology is beneficial,but have also seen where it can hinder learning. With the vast resources we have available it makes it much easier for the students to just "find the answer". In the videos and articles from this week, I have seen the importance of teaching my students how to explore learning through technology. It's very important that students know how to seek information and explore it to promote their learning. The last article was definitely enlightening to me because I feel the need to become digitally fluent in order to help my students. In order to produce life long learners, educators need to be life long learners. Educators need to constantly seek information and resources to help their students be successful.

Education has definitely taken on a different level of learning. Early classrooms, students would come in, sit down, and have lessons taught to them. Classrooms now have "flipped" to where the students are in control of their learning. This is very hard for me to adapt to. I have often thought of my classroom being "mine", but through technology and learning I see that the classroom also belongs to the students. The classroom needs to be viewed as a place where students can enter and not be afraid to try new things and explore to increase their learning opportunities. It's exciting to think about what can happen in a classroom when students are fully focused on learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment